Pages

Thursday, August 13, 2009

Girl Vs. Boy

At lunch yesterday, after another discussion about the differences between my daily diet and the rest of my family's, I suggested doing a post showing what Russ (my 18 year old little brother) eats versus what I eat on a daily basis. Surprisingly, Russ willingly agreed. So today Russ & I took pictures of everything we ate.

Breakfast!





Russ:

  • 1 flour tortilla
  • 2 strips bacon
  • 3 slices roast beef
  • 2 eggs
  • handful of cheddar cheese
  • glass of O.J.
  • Cherry Juicy Juice

Kelsey:

  • 40 g Kashi GoLean cereal
  • 3 strawberries
  • 8 g Almond Butter
  • 4 oz Skim Milk
  • giant coffee
  • H20

Lunch & Mid Afternoon Snacks

Russ:

  • Hamburger Helper
  • Snickers & cheese stick
  • 2 cookies
  • Gatorade + water + Juicy Juice

Kelsey:


  • Carrot + Almond Butter Wrap
  • Apple
  • Boiled Egg
  • Odwalla Bar
  • water in there somewhere

Dinner

Russ:

  • 3 Chicken hunks (he put one back- epic fail Russ) w/ BBQ sauce
  • Broccoli
  • Potatoes w/ Ketchup
  • fruit cup (in reality he probably only ate 3/4 of it)

  • cookie
  • enormous bowl of Cookies & Cream ice cream

Kelsey:

  • Tuna fillet
  • Broccoli
  • Potatoes
  • Fruit cup

  • more fruit left in the bowl


I asked Russ if he had anything to say about what he ate. He said, "I'm the man." I'll say that he eats a lot more meat, drinks a wider variety of beverages, and- aganist all odds- consumes more sweets than I do. Oh to be an 18-year-old-football-crazed-lawn-mowing boy...

1 comment:

  1. As I sit and reflect on this past event, I now aspire to better myself at the kitchen/ family table and to go beyond the goal and eat more. It is a simple process. Eat more, eat more often, and eat bigger, faster, stronger. In doing this experiment I hope to have inspired many other young men in their pursuit to eat more. Never give up, never back down, never say you are full. I pity the rest of you for not commenting on this glorious blog.

    ReplyDelete