Pages

Monday, August 3, 2009

17 Cups of Coffee and 24 Hours Later...

...I finished my Labor Relations homework. It's submitted. Finished. I wash my hands of it. Never speak to me about unions, arbitrators, contract clauses or worker strikes again. I finished my test just in time to come home, change into my work clothes, eat a bowl of cereal and head off to the bakery. I was awake for 24 hours today. Fortunately work went really smoothly this morning and I was able to finish right on time. The bakery has started work to replace the wood-fired brick oven with a newer gas system. I was super sad to hear they were swapping out wood for gas, but can understand how it makes more sense financially. Since the brick oven is under construction all the bread had to be baked in the convectional MIWE.

Everything around the oven is all tarped up. We've been cooling the oven down by loading ice-filled pans for the past couple days. Because the walls hold heat for days and the oven is never cooled past 380 F it takes a long time the radiant heat built up over the years to dissipate.

Cappuccino Chip Bread & Cinnamon Rolls

Lots of food from the marathon homework session yesterday!

Kashi GoLean

1/2 Banana

Blueberries

PB/ Almond Butter

Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Breeze

Lunch was:

Egg & cheese wrap

Broccoli & squash

Then I changed location and went to Blue Baker and slaved away for five hours. I snacked on an apple & Chocolate Chip Clif ZBar. And buckets of coffee.

I came home and made a quick dinner.

Seared Tuna

Boiled carrots

Balsamic Vinegar Salad

Later I ate a PB Clif bar and an iced coffee.

Right before I went to work I had some more cereal! Gotta keep the addiction alive.

Kashi GoLean

1/2 Banana

4 oz Skim Milk

Plans for this evening include a possible grocery run, a quick run, and just relaxing some before work at 1 AM again. I also want to go back to the bakery in the evening sometime this week to pictures of the lamination process. I'm pretty tired from my epic 24 hour day yesterday, so I think I'm mostly just going to lay low. Have a good evening!

No comments:

Post a Comment