Pages

Saturday, August 1, 2009

Dosa Day!

Today started out like any other day...but then there was dosa and German Chocolate cake. Together. In harmony. We all ate very happily. A group of about 20 friends, acquaintences, students, doctors, Indians, Indonesians, Americans, and Kazakhstans all meet in a tiny apartment kitchen to share a lovely meal. We had masala dosas, egg dosas, chili dosas, black beans, rice, this crazy spicy Indonesian dish, cantelope and german chocolate cake.

Unfortunately... my camera's battery died before I got to take a picture of the Indian food feast. No dosa pictures. Fail. But! I did, of course, to manage to get pictures of the cake.

I had a tiny sliver of cake...so many sweets so little time. Here is the recipe I used:

BAKER'S GERMAN'S SWEET CHOCOLATE CAKE

    • 4 oz German chocolate
    • 3/4 c. Butter
    • 1 1/2 c. Granulated Sugar
    • 3 Eggs
    • 1 tsp Vanilla
    • 2 c. All-Purpose Flour
    • 1 tsp Baking Soda
    • 1/4 tsp Salt
    • 1 c. Buttermilk
    1. Melt Butter and chocolate together in large bowl. Add sugar. Add
      eggs and vanilla. Add 1/2 the flour with the baking soda and salt- mix well. Add
      remaining flour with buttermilk- beat until well combined.
    2. Pour into greased 9 x 13 inch baking pan. Bake at 350 F for 50
      minutes. Cool on a wire rack. Frost with coconut pecan frosting.
Before the dosa party food was normal. I had a standard bowl of cereal for breakfast this morning. And some sliced apple and carrot in the afternoon.

Now I am chaining myself to my computer and not leaving it until my coursework is done. I could be here for a very very long time.

No comments:

Post a Comment